Cogeneration for Greenhouses
CHP systems with CO2 fertilization
Jenbacher power solutions are fueling life itself—improving the production of vegetables and other crops in greenhouses around the globe. A combined heat and power (CHP) system with Jenbacher gas engines lets you efficiently power and heat your greenhouses, while the CO2 engine exhaust helps fertilize the plants—a truly green solution. You can even earn additional revenue by routing excess power to the local utility grid.
How does it work?
It is no secret that plants require their own constant climate, supplementary lighting and CO2 fertilization for effective growth. All of these components for an efficient greenhouse can be obtained from a Jenbacher power plant.
Combined production of heat and power near the greenhouse (at the point of use) is usually more efficient than separate production at electrical power plants and boiler houses. Jenbacher cogeneration solutions deliver efficiency as high as 95%, helping your greenhouse cut operational expenses and deliver a stable power supply or quick access to short-term power as needed.
Tailor-made power solutions for your greenhouse:
- Jenbacher CHP systems for greenhouses include a gas engine/gas generator unit and heat exchangers that use waste heat. INNIO can configure a wide range of heat sources—from gas engine cooling water and oil to an air/fuel gas mixture and exhaust gas—to meet the individual needs of your greenhouse.
- Jenbacher CHP modules can be installed inside buildings or packaged into ready-to-use containerized solutions for quicker onsite power generation. All of our greenhouse cogeneration plant solutions deliver flexible power generation and a high degree of reliability and availability.
Our modular approach offers you key advantages:
Compact footprint that can be adjusted to spatial requirements
Flexibility to meet your specific greenhouse application needs
Optimal integration to the public grid
High-level project management and supervision by experienced and dedicated greenhouse project managers
Optimal integration into new or existing greenhouse construction
Commissioning by experienced greenhouse service engineers
Maintenance support from INNIO´s greenhouse technical support center
A powerful gas engine portfolio
Suitable for operation at high ambient temperatures and elevations, Jenbacher engines also offer fuel flexibility to handle a variety of different gas qualities. For an even more sustainable solution, our power solutions for greenhouses can use a mixture of pipeline gas and CO2-free hydrogen as an energy source today and be converted to 100% hydrogen (H2) operation once H2 becomes more available.
Benefits of Jenbacher solutions for greenhouses
- Reduced operating costs with a combined heat and power system that delivers overall efficiency as high as 95%
- Ready-to-use and turnkey containerized greenhouse power solutions
- Additional revenue potential with ability to route excess power to the public utility grid
- High-quality, time-independent plant fertilization using captured engine exhaust CO2
- Time-independent heat supply provided by heat exchangers
- Minimal footprint requirements due to compact design
OUR EXPERTS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, Jenbacher´s regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Get in touch for free consultation on the following:
- The benefits of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Potential financial benefits using economic modeling
- Consultation on the technical side of your project - fuel types, feasibility studies, equipment and balance of plant selection, and more
- Regional incentive programs relevant to your business
- Options to deliver your project: purchasing, financing and leasing, engaging a service provider (ESCO, BOO etc.)
- How to meet emissions targets
Fill-in contact form, or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consult an expert
Send us a message and we’ll contact you to start the conversation.
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, Jenbacher regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Resources & Downloads
Category: BrochuresGreenhouse Brochure