Oil & Gas
Jenbacher helps to supply efficient power across all Oil & Gas industry processes.
In today’s ever-changing landscape of oil and natural gas operations, economic efficiency and environmental protection are paramount. Jenbacher gas engines provide reliable, efficient, environmentally cleaner power generation in a full range of mobile and stationary applications. Whether running on oilfield gas direct from the ground or on transported liquid natural gas, our distributed power packages can be found offshore and in the remote corners of the region powering operations upstream, midstream, and downstream.
Jenbacher Gas Engines helps oil & gas companies to supply efficient power for their processes, from production to transportation and processing. Our power plants, work on natural gas, associated petroleum gas and synthetic gases, converting them to useful energy. Whatever energy supply challenge you face, contact us and we will help you.
Our engines operate in a wide range of climatic conditions, from scorching heat to extremely low temperatures in arctic latitudes. The solutions are compact and can be delivered as ready-to-use containerized power plants, which can significantly reduce the commissioning time for new field facilities and can be used as a mobile power solution for multiple oilfields.
Jenbacher helps oil & gas companies to reduce emissions levels thanks to the efficient use of natural and waste gases. Moreover, Jenbacher can run on hydrogen-natural gas mixtures or pure hydrogen, which allows companies to further reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their environmental goals.
Jenbacher Gas Engines are widely used to supply power to oil and gas fields, which are often located far from energy infrastructure and/or in energy-deficient areas. In such cases, onsite power generation can be more efficient and cheaper than an external power supply.
Moreover, usually, oil & gas production is accompanied by the production of associated petroleum gas (flare gas). In many cases, such gas is flared at the field harming the environment or captured using various expensive processes. Jenbacher engines allow a different approach. The engines can efficiently convert associated petroleum gases (of various qualities) directly to power and heat, helping to utilize this gas, reducing the carbon footprint of the company, and supplying inexpensive energy to the oilfield. Moreover, if needed, a company can generate power for sale to the external public grid.
The use of flare gas is an excellent alternative to the use of diesel fuel due to reduced fuel costs and negative environmental impact.
Jenbachers can be packaged into ready-to-use standard containers. In addition to that, Jenbacher engines efficiently run on liquid natural gas (LNG), compressed natural gas (CNG) and Propane fuels. These types of fuel can be delivered using mobile trucks, which improves the mobility of Jenbacher-based power generation solutions even more.
Midstream and Downstream Processes
Jenbacher's solutions can be used to provide energy for electric compressors and pumps to gather oil and gas at the fields or transport via pipelines.
Our power solutions are also widely used at oil and gas refineries, where the engines run efficiently using natural gas or synthetic gases (syngas) for power and heat generation.
Features & Benefits
- Rugged, durable operation. Suited for reliable operation in harsh, remote, mobile or stationary mission-critical applications.
- “Plug and Play” installation. Easy substitution of diesel power generation.
- Reduced operational costs. Use of field gas cuts operational costs by up to 80% compared to diesel or dual-fuel operation.
- Fuel flexibility. Ability to operate on a wide range of gas fuel quality.
- Lower emissions. Jenbacher can be complemented with catalyst systems to significantly decrease emissions levels and help oil and gas companies to meet their environmental goals.
- Convert flare gases into energy to supply power and heat to oilfield infrastructure:
- Operations with tolerance for variable fuel quality
- Efficiently operate in remote conditions
- Meet local air quality requirements
- Yield up to 44% electrical efficiency in simple cycle
OUR EXPERTS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, Jenbacher´s regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Get in touch for free consultation on the following:
- The benefits of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Potential financial benefits using economic modeling
- Consultation on the technical side of your project - fuel types, feasibility studies, equipment and balance of plant selection, and more
- Options to deliver your project: purchasing, financing and leasing, engaging a service provider (ESCO, BOO etc.)
- How to meet emissions targets
Fill-in contact form, or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org